William Lutsky YMCA
Has the following part-time position available:
Preschool Instructor Ref# WL_PI
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Edmonton is seeking enthusiastic individuals that will provide quality instruction of all preschool programs to participants (6 weeks – 6 years).
Wage: Starting at $12.00/hour
- Facilitate high-quality age appropriate programs and activities for participants.
- Integrate international development education in all program areas.
- Active supervision of members and volunteers during programming.
- Build and role model committed relationships with participants.
- Ensure a safe environment for all members, parents, volunteers and staff. Complete necessary safety documents, enforce proper sign-in and sign-out procedures for parents, and follow head counts and maintain ratios. Assist in cleaning toys, program equipment, and rooms.
- Contribute as a member of the staff team in the operation of the centre, and complete other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services and role model a personal commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
- Minimum age of 18.
- High School Diploma an asset.
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C, Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance.
- WHMIS Certification
- Previous experience working with children an asset.
- Well developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Applications will remain open until November 23, 2012
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Edmonton is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.