YMCA Child Care Services
Has the following one year term position available, effective March 1st.
Child Care Director - School Aged Care Ref# CC_CCD
The Director provides effective leadership in directing the delivery of all programs and services in the assigned YMCA Child Care Centre. Key elements of this position include the supervision and direction of staff, development and coordination of programming, and optimal customer service to program participants and parents.
- Train, coach, supervise and manage all full-time and part-time staff and volunteers within service area
- Performance, management, evaluation and recognition of Educators
- Commitment and passion for the development of the Strong Kids Campaign
- Working knowledge of Playing to Learn Curriculum (EY)
- Skilled in team building
- Manage the approved Child Care Centre budget
- Ensure that the YMCA Child Care Center operates within all Provincial licensing regulations, Health Services regulations, YMCA Policies, Procedures and Accreditation Standards
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Offer excellent customer service to participants, YMCA Educators and volunteers
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values of the YMCA programs and services.
- Child Care Development Supervisor Certification
- Current CPR Level-C and First AID, Child Care First Aid preferred
- Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance
- Leadership experience within a Child Care Program
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and team skills.
- Openness to trying new instruction methods and techniques
- Ability to remain calm in a challenging environment
- Willing to participate in professional development opportunities
Applications will remain open until January 25, 2013
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The YMCA of Edmonton is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.