Bill Rees YMCA
Has the following full-time salaried position available:
Housing Outreach Worker (Homeward Bound Program) Ref# BR_HOW
The YMCA is a charitable, mission-based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking a motivated individual that will effectively plan, administer, and evaluate residential service delivery implementing the Housing First Philosophy program for individuals, couples and families who are chronically homeless with multiple barriers and high needs. The Housing Outreach Worker completes intake evaluations and documentation, secures housing and ensures participants are moved and set-up before transferring case to Follow-Up Support Worker. At all times this individual will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills with vulnerable populations who face housing insecurity and related challenges.
Salary: Starting at $32,900 yearly
- Plan and implement programs within YMCA guidelines and contracted performance measures.
- Recruit, assess, select, and support program participants. Work with participants closely to find appropriate market housing and support them in maintaining their housing. Support the transfer to the Follow-Up Support worker to assist them in creating, monitoring and evaluating IAPs(Individual Action Plants) with all participants.
- Provide individual supportive counselling and advocacy, facilitate appropriate community service linkages and alternate housing placements, provide feedback to participants and communicate progress of the participants within the team and to relevant 3rd parties, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain appropriate program administration systems in accordance with the YMCA and funder standards. Assist in the timely registration and maintenance of tenant rental arrangements. Maintain accurate and current participant and program records, files and ETO and complete monthly activity reports and stats as required.
- Establish effective community relations relevant to the program and market and promote programs to achieve programmatic and financial targets. Network with other community providers of Housing First Services.
- Maintain good interpersonal relationships with staff, volunteers, participants and students.
- Assume complete responsibility for the entire facility operation while on assigned Manager on Duty shifts (includes emergencies, evictions, programming concerns, staff relations, etc.)
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- University Degree in Human Services or related education.
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C, Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance and WHMIS Certification.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Suicide Intervention Certification preferred
- Valid driver’s license, clear driver’s abstract, and access to a vehicle.
- 2 years of related work experience preferred.
- Working in a team environment with cultural groups, high needs and marginalized populations.
- Working with persons who are homeless facing barriers that may include mental health and addictions.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and team skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of the Housing First model, group facilitation, individual assessment, program planning and promotion, outcome evaluation, marketing and public relations.
- Beginner knowledge in supportive counseling skills.
- Knowledge of related community, education, youth and human services resources.
- Sensitivity and demonstrated knowledge of dealing with the needs of participants from different cultural and racial backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows.
Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.