Castle Downs YMCA
Has the following flexible part-time hourly position available :
Aquatics Instructor & Lifeguard Ref# CD_AIL
Are you a certified Lifeguard or Aquatics Instructor and looking for extra hours? The YMCA of Northern Alberta is always looking for water lovers to join our Aquatics staff teams. The successful candidate will deliver high-quality lifeguarding and/or instructing in aquatics programming and services at the assigned Aquatic Centre. If you meet the necessary qualifications for lifeguarding and/or aquatics apply now!
Wage: Starting at $13.30/hour
- Deliver high quality services through excellent relationships with participants.
- When instructing, develop lesson plans for assigned classes and provide quality instruction in aquatic class(es) agreed upon.
- Deliver high quality supervision at all times while on guard duty, guard from appropriate location and follow guard to bather ratio. Correct unsafe techniques and ensure safe and effective use of equipment by participants.
- Promote prevention of accidents and incidents through rule enforcement and good maintenance practices. Follow Provincial and Local Public Health regulations at all times and monitor and reinforce Aquatics Safety Standards.
- Respond to all incidents and accidents that may occur in the aquatic or surrounding area.
- Ensure administrative duties related to programs and participants are accurately and effectively completed as assigned by the coordinator.
- Role model best practices daily by interacting with members in the facility.
- Role model a personal commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Minimum age of 16
- YMCA Instructor award required within 6 months of hire
- LSS Swim Instructor and/or Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certificates
- Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level-C, or Aquatic Emergency Care
- Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance and WHMIS Certification(will provide all 3)
- National Lifequard (NLS), Oxygen Administration
- Previous experience guarding and leading Aquatic classes an asset
- Excellent problem solving, multitasking, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lead Aquatic instruction and programming.
- Able to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
- Developed coaching and team building skills.
- Pool standards
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Windows, CLASS)
Application will remain open until positions are filled.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.