Castle Downs YMCA
Has the following part-time hourly position(s) working days available :
Aquatics Instructors Ref# AI_CD
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking a dynamic individual that will deliver high-quality services in aquatics programming and services at the assigned Aquatic Centre.
Wage: Starting at $13.15/hour
- Deliver high quality services through excellent relationships with participants.
- Develop lesson plans for assigned classes and provide quality instruction in aquatic class(es) agreed upon.
- Follow Aquatics Safety Standards and correct unsafe techniques and ensure safe and effective use of equipment by participants.
- Ensure administrative duties related to programs and participants are accurately and effectively completed as assigned by the coordinator.
- Role model best practices daily by interacting with members in the facility.
- Role model a personal commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Minimum age of 16
- YMCA Instructor award required within 6 months of hire
- LSS Swim Instructor and/or Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certificates
- Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C, Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance and WHMIS Certification
- Lifeguard qualifications would be an asset
- Previous experience leading Aquatic classes an asset
- Excellent problem solving, multitasking, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lead Aquatic instruction and programming.
- Able to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
- Developed coaching and team building skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Windows, CLASS)
Applications will remain open until the position(s) have been filled.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.